Japanese matcha contains many beneficial nutrients, and many scientific studies support its positive impact on health (see the scientific articles tab in this section). Of the nutrients present in matcha, the ones most strongly correlated with health benefits are the catechins, a group of potent antioxidants. Of these, EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate) has been determined to have the most positive effects.
EGCg, alone and in combination with caffeine, also present in matcha, has been shown to reduce occurrences of many lifestyle related diseases. While not an exhaustive list, research supports that EGCg helps by:
- Improving cardiovascular circulation
- Lowering blood sugar
- Increasing metabolism
- Lowering LDL cholesterol levels (low-density lipoprotein or "bad" cholesterol)
- Fighting cavity-causing bacteria
Given the many benefits of matcha, you may experience an improved sense of well-being, increased energy, and greater feelings of happiness. Matcha can be a valuable addition to your healthy lifestyle.
An ever increasing number of people are discovering the incredible effects of matcha, and we hope you take the opportunity to benefit from matcha and feel the calm and alert energy it provides. Please join us as we attempt to make every life we touch better.
Drink a stick of matcha everyday for optimal health and well-being.
- Pure ceremonial-grade matcha green tea powder, powdered monk fruit extract
- Contains NO soy, dairy, nuts, filler ingredients, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
Taste, Color, Aroma
- Taste: Matcha starts with a smooth, clean, creamy, refreshing taste, a hint of astringency, full body, and finishes with a subtle vegetal sweet aftertaste. The addition of monk fruit extract cuts any bitterness usually associated with green tea and imbues a subtle sweetness.
- Color: Stunningly vibrant green
- Aroma: Grassy, yet sweet with hints of nuttiness
Testing and Certifications
- The farmlands where our matcha is grown can be found in an area recognized by the Food and Agricultural Organization (branch of the United Nations) as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System (GIAHS). This certification was received for traditional, sustainable farming practices, creating a symbiosis between the farmers and the environment.
- Intertek - This international standard for food safety requires clean processing facilities, meticulous record keeping, effective communication channels, and frequent audits. This certification also requires that all HACCP practices are in place.
- All our matcha is extensively and rigorously tested by independent third-party testing agencies for nutritional content, heavy metal concentrations, agrochemical residues, and radioactivity each year and upon request.
- Yame, Japan
- For optimal flavor and freshness, consume within 3 months after you open the packet. All of our packets are labeled with a "best by" date. When unopened and refrigerated, our matcha retains it quality and freshness for two years from the date it was ground.
- Our matcha is flushed with nitrogen when packed to remove any oxygen in the packet. Oxygen, or more specifically oxidation, is the greatest "enemy" of matcha and the primary cause for a rapid decrease in freshness which affects the flavor and texture of the delicate powder. Our matcha is packaged in small batches to ensure you are receiving the freshest, best matcha green tea powder out there.
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place. Refrigeration is preferred. Refrigeration will keep your matcha fresh the longest.
- Gently pinch as much air out of the packet without spilling any matcha and seal the packet tightly. This helps to minimize the amount of oxygen and moisture in the packet when stored after opening.
- Grab a 16oz. bottle of water
- Tear open a stick of ZenDia Matcha with monk fruit
- Add the entire contents of the stick to the bottle of water
- Shake vigorously
- Bring the bottle to your lips, take a big tug, and take a moment to enjoy the clean, refreshing, delicious taste
Additional Ways To Use Matcha